Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring Baby Shower

It feels like all I've been talking about this week is the upholstered chair I made for my niece, Tory.  Partly because that IS pretty much all I've been talking about between the reveal, the frame tutorial, and the upholstery tutorial.  I mentioned Monday that the chair was a baby shower gift, and today wanted to share with you some shots from the shower that I co-hosted with my mother-in-law last weekend.


My mother-in-law really did the lion's share of the work.  The shower was at her house and she did an amazing job turning the inside into a spring haven as the wind whipped big snowflakes through the air outside.


How adorable are these little fleece-lined Crocs?


She had a bar set up with stemmed and stemless wine glasses and had juices, wine, and mimosa fixings in a super cool metal box her father had made when he was in school.



The sweet guest of honor getting a kiss from her pup.


We kept the food to reasonably simple brunch fare - mini quiches, a fruit platter, sticky buns, and a couple different varieties of cookies.  My mother-in-law made this chicken broccoli braid - basically a garlicky, creamy, chicken and broccoli filling inside crescent roll dough - that was totally amazing and as soon as I get the recipe from her I will share it with you!




I grabbed the idea for these bee and B cookies (our last name starts with B) from Sarah's blog a few weeks ago.  I'll share the recipe I used for them and for the sticky buns next week.


And just one more shot of the chair.  Tory has a little growing to do still but she looked right at home in her new chair.


Hope you all have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shower! She will love that chair for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! What a cutie pie! I love tulips arranges like that :) xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shower, gorgeous chair and super adorable baby! Your tutorial post was great! Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm a chicken broccoli braid sounds absolutely mouth watering! Tory is such a darling, and she has an amazing aunt! ;)

    x Rachael
    arunawaymuse.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take the most a amazing photos.
    She looks so cute and chill in that chair.

    Happy Easter and a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia :) I love how babies tip to the side! Happy Easter to you, too :)

      Delete
  6. How adorable is this shower?!? I love that you made the bee cookies! You did such a great job, they look awesome!! And those tulips are so beautiful on that table. Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as professional-looking as the ones you shared...but then I am not a pro cookie decorator. And they still tasted good which is the most important part, right?!

      Delete
  7. So precious! And the cookies are so professional! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.