Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Thinking Ahead

Hope you all enjoyed the long weekend!  I flew to Atlanta earrrrly last Thursday morning for my cousin Rachel's wedding on Saturday.  It was so great spending the days leading up to her wedding with her.  She's one of those people who is always laughing and you can tell instantly she has a heart of gold.  She asked me and two of our other cousins to be bridesmaids and I was so thrilled to be a part of her big day.  We got this shot all together walking over to her rehearsal (the bride is next to me in the lace dress).

http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/527f5f32c4bc11e28e7522000a1fbe50_7.jpg 

I'm 11 years older than Rachel and remember her as a baby and little girl and was so much more emotional at her wedding than I expected.  I must have cried at least half a dozen times.  I'm such a sap lately!


I think seeing her get married and watching her parents give her away and also clearly remembering her as a little girl just totally hit home for me how fast the years go by.  I kept thinking, "My gosh...this will be our daughters before we know it."

But it wasn't all nostalgia and sappiness, I also had a blast and their signature drink, blueberry vodka and lemonade with fresh blueberries, was delicious and is on my list of cocktails to try this summer!

I'm feeling a little spread thin lately and also want to appreciate all the summer fun I can squeeze in with my girls so think I'll be slowing the pace of blogging a bit over the next few months.  I'm sure a lot of us are in the same boat and I expect you'll still hear from me here three or four times a week but I'm thinking five posts a week may be a little ambitious for me as I head into the summer.

If you want to keep up with me off the blog, sign up to follow on Instagram.  

Hope you enjoy the short week!

13 comments:

  1. good for you in doing what feels right for you! :) and what a beautiful bride and wedding.... i cry at weddings all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding. Glad they had good weather as it has bit really rainy here. Totally understand the summer blogging schedule. Life is just too crazy and it goes by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya :) Enjoy the summmer and your sis was a beautiful bride! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had such a wonderful weekend! I love that she used a fireplace facade as her altar so to speak. So creative!!! Glad you are going to take some time to enjoy your beautiful family...3 or 4 posts a weeks is still a lot girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really beautiful...and actually extra impressive because their venue cancelled on them a week before the wedding and they basically pulled a new one together in a week.

      Def needing a little breather over here, just feeling so scattered lately...

      Delete
  5. There is no freaking way that you are 11 years older ;)
    What a beautiful bride! And I agree with Sarah, 3-4 posts is still a lot. I'm thinking more a long the lines of 1-2 ;) for myself LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your cousin!!

    The ceremony was adorable!!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a beautiful wedding and a great weekend! Enjoy a little extra time off ... I may be doing the same too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Y'all are total babes!!! What a gorgeous wedding! You got me thinking of my girl's wedding day & now I'm doing the ugly cry. ;)

    P.S. I think it's totally awesome to take some time away from blogging for the summer. These days are so fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again, hi. Blueberry vodka & lemonade?!! You know I'd be all.over.that.shizz.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, looks SO fun! By the way, if I could go back and redo my wedding, I would SO wear her gorgeous dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved her dress too, even prettier in person!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.