If you follow me on Instagram, you already saw that I got Ellie's dresser repainted.
The color's a little off in this photo but I love the new shade of coral. Scott helped me carry the finished dresser into Ellie's room yesterday and that completes her room makeover! I'll take photos of the dresser and the whole room soon to share with you.
Today I'm showing you a little corner of her room where I gathered a few pictures I had and hung them gallery-wall style. These hang to the right of the new coral dresser.
I've had the bicycle and bunny prints since Ada was a baby and felt like they transitioned well into Ellie's "big girl" room.
I recently purchased the abstract print from Minted.
I loved the colors and ethereal feel instantly. I couldn't resist
hanging my favorite little smocked baby dress of Ellie's underneath.
I've always loved the dress and the colors are perfect in the room.
This quote from A Midsummer Night's Dream
seems to be everywhere lately, but if ever there was a girl who fit the
words, it's my Ellie! I printed it in greyscale then went over the
text with a black Sharpie (I wanted to connect the letters a bit more
than the original font) and used a Gold Leafing Pen (Krylon) to write the
word "fierce."
But guess what? I loved the gold frames when I hung everything, and then I got Ellie's mirror in the room (also gold) and it was gold OVERLOAD. Who knew I had a threshold for gold? So...as much as I like the bling-y gallery wall, these frames will be getting the black treatment by the time you see them next.
Stay tuned for the full reveal, coming soon!
The winner of the Color Glide Pro four-pack is...Kathy Benton! Congratulations, Kathy! I've sent you an e-mail :)



Love the color of the dresser...and that gallery wall is so cute. I LOVE the quote print that you made and what a great idea to make some really cute art. Of course, you know that I love that gold you used in 'fierce'. It makes it pop and look like you purchased it! I'm totally having the same "too much gold" issue in my office as you are having here. There can be too much of a good thing. And I think you are smart going with black...I'm doing the same to try to ground pieces. Who knew you could have too much gold? :O
ReplyDeleteLove the color of the dresser. And the gallery wall is amazing. Loving all the gold!!
ReplyDeleteLooks great. Would you mind sharing the color coral you used on the dresser.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Amelia
Hi Amelia - it's Holly Berry by BM. I'll have a full rundown next week on my woes finding the "right" coral!
DeleteGreat color and I love that gallery wall :) xo Kristin
ReplyDeleteLove the arrangement! My girl loves bunnies, that's such a cute print. The quote would totally work for her as well! Ellie's little dress is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI love me some gold but I know what you mean by gold overload! I had to restrain myself back when I did Quinn's nursery b/c it started to look like Liberace had dropped by. Regardless, I adore the gallery wall (& that coral dresser!!!), especially how you tweaked the Shakespeare quote!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty - love the gold!!!
ReplyDeleteThat dresser and gallery wall are too cute!! I love the gold, but I can completely understand how it can feel a little different in person when you are there looking at it. I'm sure it'll be just as fab once you make the frames how you want them! :)
ReplyDeletelove the wall- love the gold! and you are killing me with the sneak peek! i missed it on insta and i am not going back so i can see its full reveal here! :)
ReplyDeleteTo find the right mix of gold as an accent is not easy!!! It's hard to stop, but I also go overboard!
ReplyDeleteLove the dresser. The color is so pretty!
Totally adorable....and I LOVE that quote! My daughter might need one as well. She's pretty fierce ;)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the big reveal!
Her gallery wall is super cute! And I love how you put clothing hooks in the mix. I always love displaying cute outfits as part of children's decor. It adds such cutesy little touch! Lover her new room!! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I can't get enough of the baby clothes, even though my girls are bigger now :) Truth be told - most of the time those hooks hold pjs and princess dresses!
DeleteThe color is perfect and I love the gallery wall!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see the whole thing, love it already!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks so pretty and I adore the little smocked baby dress under all the pretty artwork!
ReplyDeleteLove the gallery wall. perfect combination of colors and I love gold--- can you max out on it? can't wait to see whole room!
ReplyDeleteI love your sweet gallery wall! I have an Ellie too!
ReplyDeleteGreat name :)
DeleteBeautifully done, as always!
ReplyDelete