Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Fancies

I wanted to try out a new series here and share some of the things that have caught my eye during the week.  Let's jump right in, shall we?

If you know me, you know I love this color.  I can't get enough, and lucky for me, it's everywhere lately!  You might remember from my closet organization post that I'm currently on a self-imposed clothes-buying freeze.  So I won't be running out to buy this sweater right away...but it's on my list.


I gave both my daughters haircuts this week and I am completely fantasizing about getting my own hair cut now.  In typical fashion, it's been six months since my last haircut.  I'm thinking I might go a little shorter for the fall and winter when I tend to wear my hair down more.  I love these wavy layers.

mid-length layers 

That house I told you about yesterday looked a lot like this one.  Well...it could with some love, landscaping, and elbow grease from yours truly.  It's still on my mind.  

traditional exterior + fence 

Did you see Bethany's entryway update?  What she did with some gold vinyl and black electrical tape is nothing short of brilliant.  I love a luxe look for less.

 

I'll be dreaming of recreating this jewelery display/organization system tonight.  I do have a blank wall in my closet...

jewelry organization...funnnnnn 

I've been a painting fool this week and have some great transformations to show you next week.  Hope you have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. That house is dreamy!!! Idyllic for sure :) Happy Weekend Jennifer! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dreaming of that haircut too but with my curly hair it's not going to happen.
    That house is a dream! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jewelry organization is fabulous! And, that house oozes charm! Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for including me! :) That house is perfect, I can see why you're still dreaming about the fixer upper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to be thinking about organizing my jewelry all day now!
    That house is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that jewelry organization! Can't wait to see what you've been painting!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want to live in that house, have the devore entry, the whippy closet/jewelry org, and amazing hair. ok? getting a haircut this week.... much needed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That house is beautiful! That's one of my dream styles of houses. And I've seen that girls hair floating around the internet a lot lately. It's a really great Fall cut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bethany's entry is my favorite makeover in recent weeks! And, I need that gold sequin pillow. Now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.