And then...crickets.
I knew I wanted to bring some bolder colors in to take the room from baby nursery to a girl's room that could grow with Ellie. But I had such a mish-mosh of furniture I wanted to use, I didn't know how to pull it all together - an antique cannonball bed, a stained wood nightstand, my childhood dresser. I couldn't settle on anything that really worked in my head.
Thank goodness for Pinterest. I happened across this image just last night.
How adorable is this room?? That sweet-faced little girl even looks a lot like my Ellie. I think it's meant to be.
Ellie's bed is an antique cannonball bed that I don't want to paint right now, but I'd been considering painting my old dresser just the shade of coral on the nightstands above. In fact, I recently bought these shoes and instantly thought, "Yes! That is the color I want for Ellie's dresser!"

Seeing that coral with the navy in the Pinterest image just totally solidified the picture for me. It's just the look I was going for without really knowing that's what I was going for. You know?
I have a new paint sprayer to test out so I suspect you might find me surrounded by plastic sheeting next week with paint in my hair. It's been a slow summer for me on the projects front and I'm excited to feel Ellie's room coming together a little more.
Well...at least in my head.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Hope you have a great weekend!
i love that room, too!! it's so bold and fun! cant wait to see!
ReplyDeleteDoing my little girls room has been fun and I'm only 1/2 way done - sort of. Enjoy transforming the room for your little one.
ReplyDeleteLove the inspiration picture...what a fun little girls room that will transition nicely with her as she grows. Can't wait for updates.
ReplyDeleteLove love love that idea!!! xo Kristin
ReplyDeleteLove it Jen! Who are the lamps and wallpaper by?
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure the wall behind the bed is stenciled, not wallpaper. The source is a bit of a dead end - tells the designer who did the room but doesn't give sources. I love those lamps too!
ReplyDeleteThat room is amazing. Seriously, amazing. It's making me want to re-do my daughter's room completely! Can't wait to see what you do with Ellie's room.
ReplyDeleteThat is ONE FUN ROOM! I love the way the wallpaper adds an important element to the room.
ReplyDeleteI love that room, I pinned it the moment I first saw it on Pinterest. It has so many good things going on!
ReplyDeleteLike I said on IG, it's adorable and I can't wait to see what you do with your new paint sprayer. I'm still warming up to mine.
ReplyDeleteLove Love Love this room! Just sent you an email about a stencil! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a darling room and one that can easily be transitioned into the tweens and teens. Looking forward to seeing your version of it! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteSeriously cannot get this room out of my head! Can't wait to see it all come together. Also, paint in hair is where it's at. Forget highlights!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! It's going to be adorable. Often I have to think on things for several months before I come up with a plan! :-)
ReplyDelete