Monday, February 3, 2014

Jewelry Organization Station

Organizing my jewelry has been on my to-do list for so long.  I had plans of doing something in the closet of my last house, but never got around to it.

There are still lots of moving boxes in our master bedroom but my jewelry was one of the first things I unloaded, and that seemed like the perfect time to actually make an organized jewelry station happen.

Easy jewelry organization from The Chronicles of Home

As with so many projects I've delayed and delayed and then finally did, I can't believe I waited so long to do this.  It was so easy and it's made accessorizing so effortless because everything is right at my fingertips.

I used four basic steps to get everything organized.

Easy jewelry organization from The Chronicles of Home

  1. Make an earring organizer.  It only took me about five minutes to make this pretty earring organizer and it holds all of my dangly earrings with room to grow.
  2. Hang coat and hat hooks to use for bracelets and long necklaces.
  3. Gather some small bowls for holding small earrings, bracelets, rings, etc.  I used a couple crystal bowls I bought at Home Goods years ago, this yellow bowl from West Elm, a mercury glass candle holder, and an owl pillar candle holder I got at Target last year.
  4. Use drawer organizer inserts for holding any remaining necklaces, pins, or other jewelry odds and ends.  I bought the metal ones you see at Bed Bath & Beyond years ago.  There's a very good chance they'll be getting spray painted gold once the weather warms up enough to venture outdoors with spray paint again!
Easy jewelry organization from The Chronicles of Home

Easy jewelry organization from The Chronicles of Home

Easy jewelry organization from The Chronicles of Home

If you've been thinking of doing something similar, just do it!  In about an hour, you can have a pretty little nook for all your baubles.  There's something to be said for the sheer prettiness of it too - this little jewelry station makes me smile every time I walk in my closet.  And who doesn't want more smiles in their day?

Easy jewelry organization from The Chronicles of Home

 * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.