Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Naked Wall

We have this little slice of wall in our kitchen between the basement door and the entrance to the foyer and, you guys, it's kind of scandalous...it was totally naked.


Not just the bare wall, needed something hung on it kind of naked, but naked naked.

It felt oddly purposeless to me and I kept thinking it needed something - furniture, art, something.  But it's also the passthrough from the mudroom to the family room so things still needed to flow.

I've been fiddling around with different pieces and ideas the past few months and here's where I've finally, and happily, landed!


The console table is super narrow and doesn't get in the way of people walking through the kitchen. Unless, of course, you are me and constantly bang your feet/shins/thighs into furniture.  There's nothing short of a padded room that is completely safe for this girl.  But for the average, non-clumsy person, the table is a perfect fit.


I've been mooning over black windowpane mirrors for ages now and finally bit the bullet and made one for above the console.


There is a wall of windows directly across the kitchen from the windowpane mirror and I love how it mimics the look and also bounces back light from the real windows.


I'll dish details on where the console table came from - if you've been around for awhile you might recognize it - and will share the full tutorial on the mirror later this week.


This poor wall has regained its confidence now that it is no longer a poor naked wretch.  Welcome to the light, little wall!


You can read my other recent posts about our kitchen-update-in-progress here:

New Paint Color
Maximizing Vertical Space in the Kitchen


* * * * * * *
 LET'S STAY IN TOUCH!

Follow Me on Pinterest
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.