This is very, very hard for me.
It's just so easy to grab a hammer and smack something up on the wall. You know?
I recently put a little collection together in our previously naked-walled family room and I went so far as to lay the three pieces out on the floor ahead of time to make sure I liked them together. Are you not impressed by my deliberate and mature planning?
While I do love that little gold starburst mirror and the handpainted watercolor feather made by Lucy of Craftberry Bush, the real standout piece for me here is the barn landscape.
I recently kind of stumbled across the Instagram portfolio of an old college friend, Paul Bramble, and was so surprised to discover what a talented nature and landscape photographer he'd become.
This is just a small sample of his work but the colors and play of sharp and soft drew me in instantly.
I reached out to him about sharing his work here on the blog and he generously gave me a copy of this barn in the snow photo I loved - it reminds me of the place where Scott and I got married :)
I opted to print it on canvas with Easy Canvas Prints, and the quality and ease was really fantastic. I love how simple it is to turn any photograph into a striking canvas print.
Paul offers photo prints directly from his website and you can contact him to have prints made on canvas.
I love having a little corner of the family room feeling finished, and also love supporting a very talented old friend.
And in case you missed the source of this hot-stuff navy blue sofa, you can read all about how I bought it on Craigslist and spruced it up with Rit dye HERE.
You really must check out Paul's portfolio - there is so much gorgeousness and inspiration!
* * * * * * *








No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.