Friday, February 1, 2013

Vacation and Instagram

Those of you who follow me on Instagram have probably noticed why I've been quiet on the blog front this week.  I'm on vacation!  Ada, Ellie, and I are enjoying a beautiful week at the most gorgeous beach in Siesta Key, FL with my mom and grandmom.  Scott will arrive next Monday and we'll all spend a second week in FL with my in-laws.  I'm not sure my skin will ever un-prune after all the time I've spent in swimming pools this past week!

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/818ecc40699f11e299a722000a9d0ee0_7.jpg
Sunset over the Gulf on our first night

 http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws.com/a9fbe4326a4a11e2af9822000a1f9331_7.jpg
First beach day

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws.com/b13dfe086b2411e2ad1922000a1cbd31_7.jpg 
Lunch picnic by the pool

http://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws.com/a0b3caa86c7411e2928c22000a9f3092_7.jpg
Home-done pedicures

Do I have to go back to Boston in a week??

Anyway, instead of remaining mute I'm planning to do a little five-part series next week called "Home and Food" where I can share with you some of my favorite daily blog reads.  Based on the content of my site, you might guess that I read both home and food blogs and while you may already know and read some of these, I hope some of you will find some new inspiration for either your home or a great meal.  I'll share a home and a food read with you every day next week, starting Monday.

If you want to follow along with my daily happenings in between blog posts click here to follow me on Instagram!

Hope you have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having a fabulous time! We are headed to Key Biscayne in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pictures are beautiful!! especially love the last one - so cute :))

    xo j. von Stereo|typically Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie :) it is so beautiful here, will be hard to go home!

      Delete
  3. Love Siesta Key. My husband is from Sarasota & we got married on Longboat Key 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, softest sand I've ever felt! My cousin grew up in Sarasota too :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! Looks like you're having a fantastic vacation! The girls look so cute in their suits and love your matching pedis. Have a wonderful vacation and I'm looking forward to reading along next week! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

    If you want to see a beautiful Swedish home..check out my blog:)

    Have a lovely week dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! What a beautiful place and how precious are your girls! Enjoy your vacation with your family!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.