I'll share finished photos soon but today wanted to share some of my favorite geometric and botanical fabric pairings. If you've been following for any time now, you've probably noticed I like mixing patterns! When I was contacted recently by an old high school friend looking for some help updating the bench in her mudroom, I suggested she might want to go with a geometric fabric on the bench cushion and a botanical for an accent pillow. She ultimately chose this combination, which I totally adore and may add exactly on a little bench I've been wanting to reupholster in my guest room.
And a few other of my favorite (and affordable!) pairings.
I also, just yesterday, came to Tonic Living via Danielle Oakey's blog, who is always a great source of inspiration and bright, happy interiors. Tonic looks like an amazing source for great fabrics and I can't wait to poke around a little more.
Come back Monday for the reveal of a semi-secret furniture project I've been working on. It's not the sofa, but I'm almost as excited about it and can't wait to show you!
Come back Monday for the reveal of a semi-secret furniture project I've been working on. It's not the sofa, but I'm almost as excited about it and can't wait to show you!





Wow! You have done a fantastic job of the sofa. And, I love all the fabric pairings.
ReplyDeleteI think I found you through Honey We're Home and I'm so glad I did! I love these pairings and that Annie Selke fabric is gorgeous. I love the look of mixing patterns but I don't think I'm good at it :( This helps, thanks!
ReplyDeleteI think the key is starting with the more colorful fabric and then picking a color in it you really like and pulling a geometric in a similar tone or color. Glad to have you here!
DeleteI seriously can't wait for the sofa reveal!
ReplyDeleteThe fabric combos are beautiful!
I JUST finished it. Woooohooooooooo! Can't wait to share, will take pics next week, probably share here on the blog the week after :)
DeleteOOOO! I love this!! I'm so not good at mixing fabrics! I think I get afraid of bold patterns! I wish I had your talent! Thanks for the great inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't even focus on the fabrics, I'm so in awe of the sofa! Can't wait!!!
ReplyDeleteThat last pairing is my favorite! You're amazing recovering an entire sofa! xo Kristin
ReplyDeleteI love that one too. I redid a chair in the black and white spots fabric and think I'll prob add a little accent pillow in that Waverly Santa Maria.
DeleteLove the sneak peek! Those fabrics are lovely. The first is my favorite. Can't wait to see your post on Monday.
ReplyDeleteHello! New follower here. Found you over at Serenity Now. Love your blog! These are great fabric pairings.
ReplyDelete-Erin @ DIY on the Cheap
These pairings are absolutely fabulous! And gives me a ton of ideas for pairings for our dining room curtains and parson's chairs! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThese pairings are just beautiful ~ I literally love them all!
ReplyDelete