Wednesday, March 27, 2013

One More Day...

I had planned to share the tutorial for the DIY upholstered chair with you today, but these kinds of tutorials can be pretty heavy on the photos and time-intensive to write, it was 10 p.m. last night and I was still editing photos with not a word written, and my two year-old has been waking up not-a-moment-later than 6 a.m. every morning for the past two weeks, sooooooo...I went to bed.  Any moms out there have a guess as to what might be going on with my daughter who has consistently slept until 7:30 every morning for the better part of a year??  It's like a switch flipped one day a couple weeks ago and she comes staggering into my room yawning before the crack of dawn and sometimes once in the middle of the night too.  I have no clue why the change but I am exHAUSted.

So instead of poring over an upholstery tutorial, might I suggest you visit my friend Sarah, over at Sarah M. Dorsey?  I've told you about her before and she has been spending the past three weeks competing in Creating With the Stars over at East Coast Creative and has been knocking it out of the park.  She's been in the top three for two of the three weeks and is moving on to the finals next week! 

Check out her projects:


 

You will not believe what Sarah made this pretty pendant out of.  Seriously.  I think I have a creative bone or two, but I NEVER would have thought of this.

Custom cornice, knockoff Schumacher drapes, knockoff Anthro bench


Sarah shares tutorials for the cornice, drapes, and ottoman on her site.  

Painted desk and accent wall using custom stencils

 

Just today, East Coast Creative announced Sarah was in the top three again with this project so check back in the next few days for a tutorial on these projects.

And try to remember to pop over next Monday to vote in the finals.  Best of luck to you, Sarah!  

7 comments:

  1. Sarah is pretty amazing! Your title of this post made me think of Les Mis. Now I have the soundtrack in my head :) xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm a huge fan (aka annoying blog stalker) of her blog since the beginning. I knew every week which one her project was and voted for it. I just love her style and can pick it out of any line up. That chandelier is beyond words. Seriously amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring my projects today!!! SO excited for the final round!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gal is seriously talented! I saw her upcycled pendant on the challenge and loved it! And her gorgeous cornice makes mine look like child's play! I will have to head on over and start checking out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend's projects are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just noticed Sarah's work today on ECC! I love her work! And, for the waking up, my now 3 year old did that for awhile, and I realized she was hungry, at least we think that's what it was. I started making her eat more at dinner time, and occasionally giving her a banana or small glass of milk before bed. It seemed to help. It's frustrating when they can't just tell us, though! Hope you can get some rest! And, as much as I'm looking forward to that tutorial, I'm glad you opted for sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will have to check out Sarah's site! Love that chandelier and that stenciling! Looking forward to your tutorial, but I know it's a lot of work putting it together (I have my office paint post that I keep putting off)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.