You might remember some of the other steps I've taken along the way:
After caulking, spackling, sanding, painting, and adding new hardware, the shelves are all put back together and I couldn't be happier with the new look.
To start, I needed to rip off the existing moulding from around the built-ins. I replaced that with 1x3 boards cut to size and angled 45º at the top corners. A hammer made it easier to get the old boards off and a nail gun made pretty quick work of getting the new boards up.
For the doors, I added the 1x3 boards right on top of the existing doors, nailed them in place, then mounted them to the surrounding moulding with new hinges.
I just love the subtle level of polish that moulding adds to a room.
Seeing the before and after impact of this project makes me even more excited to get to work on the walls in here. I think I'll be heading down the road so many DIYers have trod before me, and giving board and batten a shot.
Hope you have a great start to the week!
Linking to It's Overflowing, Liz Marie Blog, Craftberry Bush
Linking to It's Overflowing, Liz Marie Blog, Craftberry Bush









Wow what a transformation! The doors make it look so expensive!! and I am still loving the back wallpaper. When do you have time to tackle all these amazing projects??
ReplyDeleteA simple update really changes the look of your built-ins!
ReplyDeleteFantastic transformation! Your additions make the built ins look more custom. Ooooh, can't wait to read about your board and batten. I love that look!
ReplyDeleteThe detail on the doors really give it a custom look - this looks so nice.
ReplyDeletelooks awesome! you are amazing!!! seriously you rock! they look so custom!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great Jennifer!
ReplyDeleteI love the before and after! It looks so expensive now!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the board and batten!
Jennifer!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! It totally looks so custom! You have totally inspired me today!
Pinning. :)
blessings,
karianne
LOVE! It's so amazing what a little wood can do! Now I just need a house to try it :)
ReplyDeleteI love moldings, they just make everything much more polished!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
Me too!!
DeleteWhat a difference! It looks so much more polished for sure! I'm just shocked by the what a difference it can make just the placement of the the hinges...great job!!! Jesse @ Scout & Nimble
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jesse! I still gaze at them with a goofy smile when I'm working in the office :)
DeleteWhy have I never thought to use wrapping paper like that? That is a fab idea! Love the before and after transformation!
ReplyDeletexo
Morgan
Just beautiful...great job on this beautiful transformation.
ReplyDeleteLinking to follow you....
must feel sooooo good ! love de-cluttered spaces...so why does my garage look the way it does? :(
ReplyDelete