Thursday, April 18, 2013

What I've Been Up To

As usual, I have a whole gaggle of projects going on.  I've wrapped up a few this week but haven't taken any beauty shots yet so thought I'd give you a rundown of my week in phone pics (if you follow me on Instagram you've seen some of these already).

I finished a paint makeover on this little wooden chest my great-uncle made and has been passed on to me.



I started and finished a little impromptu table building project...and I LOVE the results.  Can't wait to show you.



I stopped in J.Crew looking for a new headband for Ada.  And this is never really a good idea for me (or always an EXCELLENT idea, depending on your point of view).  With an extra 30% off their final sale, this navy polka dot blazer came home with me.


I passed on the Liberty floral skinny jeans, but was very tempted.  But really, my favorite part of this picture are the little legs in the background crawling under the dressing room door!


Ada has chosen my outfits the past two days and has totally intentionally dressed us alike.  I feel sort of silly about it, but also love it.  I'm pretty the day will be here sooner than I realize that she will want to dress anything but like me.  So I'll take it while it lasts :)


I've been wanting to try this sidecar recipe from Ina Garten's Foolproof cookbook and finally got around to it last night.  YUM.


I've been poring over my new Tyler Florence Fresh cookbook and have some great recipe inspiration for this week.  The ideas and photos are out of this world...and, c'mon, how good does the cover look?!


And that's about it for now.  I'll have some "reveals" for you next week, for sure!

10 comments:

  1. You make me wish I had a little mini-me that wants to dress alike. That's adorable. Cherish that! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is nothing sweeter than seeing a mommy with her girl dressed alike. Too cute. I always end up getting everyone dressed in the morning and then walk out the door to realize that I must have really been feeling "green" or "yellow" because we will all be in it! Can't wait to see what you did to the little table you built! It's so great! Jesse @ Scout & Nimble

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, love the furniture your working on. Your little girls are so sweet. I love that Ada wants to be your twin. So very sweet! Hope you guys are staying safe today. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your reveals!
    My daughter loves dressing the same way as I do. I know I'll be devastated when she doesn't think that's cool anymore ;)
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what I love more...the table or the little legs crawling under the dressing room doors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little stylist has great taste! :) Love the pretty detail on that table, you have me wondering if it's getting painted an unexpected color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wat to see how your projects turned out! And can I just say, your daughter is so gorgeous! You're husband's going to be in for it when she's a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Sarah! Eeeeee...I know, and we'll have two teenage daughters at basically the same time since they're only 2 years apart!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.