Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Year

Wowza...today marks one year since I first hit the "Publish" button and started down this road as a blogger.

It doesn't quite feel that long to me, but also feels like forever.  I can hardly remember evenings when I wasn't sitting at my computer editing photos and writing posts.

I am so grateful for all of the support and kindness from real-life friends and family as well as those of you who have become alternate-blogger-universe friends.  It's hard to explain to those not orbiting around in the blogosphere, isn't it? 

My husband and my mom have read almost every day from the beginning, so thanks to you two especially for being my most die-hard fans.

And now before this starts sounding like an awards acceptance speech, let's take a look at the Top 5 from this past year!

#1
 
 

This has been the most popular post this past year, and by a pretty wide margin.  The next most popular post had about a fourth as many views!

#2

 

It kind of surprised me that this was the second most popular post from the past year.  I definitely think of myself as more a DIY and food blogger than a crafty type, but this glitter playdough did get featured on a Disney affiliate site called Babble, which must explain its popularity in views.

 #3

 

My first-ever furniture building and upholstery project.  I'm happy this made the list :) 

#4

 

There are so many upholstered headboard tutorials out there, I was sort of surprised this was so popular.  But like the glitter playdough, I think this project's feature on Apartment Therapy is the secret to its success.

#5

 

This was a tedious project at times in the process but I have no regrets.  I love the pretty, whimsical, ethereal accent to my little girl's room.

So there you have the Top 5 posts from this past year.  I can't wait to see what this next year in blogging brings!
 

20 comments:

  1. Congrats Jennifer! Amazing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jennifer! You've had so many great projects in the past year! Looking forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blog Birthday! I'm so glad that I found you and your blog. You do fabulous work! I loved seeing this round up. The x-bench was new to me and it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great first year! and I know many many more to come!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary :-) Many more happy ones to come!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 1st Blog-a-versary! You have so many great projects for just being a year old!! I love your x benches! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a great year Jennifer! Love all those amazing projects! I think May 15 marks my one year too :) Look forward to many more years of your talented, inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Jennifer on your first Happy blog-anniversary! so exciting! :-) your projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects were incredible...I'm a newer follower so I missed them! Congratulations on one year and I hope you have many more! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Jennifer! I LOVE following your blog - you truly inspire me everyday. Here's to another amazing project filled year ;)

    xoxo,
    Lo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! It's a wild fun world out here.....Enjoy
    The new friendships are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your 1st blogiversary! I love your blog and so glad I found it. So inspired every time I visit. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! congrats, jennifer!!! so happy for you and happy to be following along- you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 1 year!! Blogging has its ups & downs but it's life-changing in the best ways. You're crazy talented & this roundup of your popular projects proves it, friend!

    Also, you're making me look lazy, so stop it. ;) I'm stoked we found each other. I love having you in my life, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Jennifer! You have such wonderful projects and some serious style and it's always fun to see what you've come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've had such a great year! We are so thankful you started blogging since we get to see all your awesome projects! Congrats on year 1 and here's to year 2!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats, Jennifer! I just started blogging a few months ago and I find your work so inspiring! You're on my daily reading list. Can't wait to see what year 2 brings!

    Susan
    http://simplymodernhome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, Jennifer! Love all the inspiring projects you knock out at warp speed! :) Looking forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your one year! Your dedication to blogging is evident and is most certainly paying off! It's been such a treat to see all of your projects and your many talents come to life (and subsequently get featured around the web). You are most certainly an inspiration and deserve so much success! Many hugs to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.