Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fabric Love | DIY Box Cushion Cover

You might remember this post from March where I shared some of my favorite fabric pairings with you and also told you that I was using the Duralee Kilburn and Dwell Vintage Plumes fabrics on a mudroom bench makeover for an old high school friend.

I finished it and sent it off to her a couple weeks ago but staged it in Ada's room first (the bench at the end of her bed is exactly the same size as my friend's bench) so I could share the photos with you.

I just love these two fabrics together.  I'm still searching for the perfect place in my house for that peacock fabric.  There must be a place.






For the bench cushion, I followed the same basic instructions I did when I reupholstered our sofa cushions, which you can find HERE.

For the pillow, I used the Dwell Vintage Plumes fabric on the front and ivory velvet on the back with a zipper at the bottom.  I didn't take great process photos so will have to share a tutorial on that with you another time.  I think it makes sense to cover the back of a pillow in a coordinating fabric when the front fabric is on the pricier side.

Do you love these fabrics as much as I do?  The Duralee Kilburn one has always looked like a cool cross between geometric and giraffe to me and I think the Dwell Vintage Plumes fabric is just drop dead gorgeous.

That's all for today, hope you have a great one!

16 comments:

  1. That looks so great Jennifer! I love the patterns together. xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. LOVE them both. I need that peacock fabric too. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that combination of fabrics! so pretty and fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see Vintage Plume I try to figure out where I can use it ~ it looks fabulous with that geometric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this fabric combo! sometimes I want to just start all over because i'm always seeing new stuff that i really love - but then I'm like, well, that would take forever and I really like what i already have too - being a design junkie has it's problems huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Dwell plumes fabric. I really wish I could learn how to do all this reupholstery stuff you do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That combo is gorgeous! I especially LOVE the peacock fabric. That might have to find it's way into my guest room!

    Susan
    http://simplymodernhome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ca-ute! Love the color combos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love both fabrics and love them together! pretty, pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those fabrics together and I'm constantly amazed by your upholstery skills! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!!! I have the Vintage Plumes in the birch colorway and I adore them. I may have to add a geometric pillow next to it though...you make it look so good together! ;) Jesse @ Scout & Nimble

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks amazing!!!! Love the fabrics together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so fun the fabric combo Jennifer! :-) I love it, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those patterns look fantastic together! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a beautiful job! I love the fabric you chose. They pair together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.