Thursday, July 11, 2013

What Would YOU Wear??

I've been working like crazy the past few days getting the house cleaned for the big photo shoot next week.  I have a way to go still but it feels great to really have things clean.  The rooms I've done have had furniture moved, every corner vacuumed, mopped, windows scrubbed inside and out.  I even sustained my first ever cleaning injury that borderline could have needed stitches:

http://distilleryimage3.s3.amazonaws.com/ce1b738ae80a11e2a4fb22000a1f97ec_7.jpg 

Don't I look happy?  And put together?  Like a boxer after a rough match?  :)  This was at the end of a full day cleaning, in the heat.  We have tilt-in windows and I was cleaning the very last one in the living room and had tilted it in to clean the outside when the air conditioner that was in the window slipped a little and I scrambled to catch it, allowing the heavy window to crash down on my face, knock me backwards, tilt the air conditioner inside and dump dirty water all over the floor I had just cleaned.  Probably would have made a pretty funny video...

It was pretty deep, but closed itself up quickly so I avoided a trip to the ER and stitches, thank goodness.

So, when I haven't been cleaning or splitting my face open, I have been digging through my closet trying to come up with some options for what to wear for this photo shoot.  

It's been harder than you might think!  Here are some of the things that have been running through my head at different points:

  • I should look casual, not too dressed up.
  • I'm going to be in a magazine, for goodness sake, I want to look fancy!
  • Should I wear all solid colors?
  • Wow, I have a lot of colored skinny jeans.
  • How many colors are too many colors for one outfit??
  • My wardrobe consists very largely of navy blue, emerald green, raspberry pink, and white.
  • Can I wear a casual dress and boots?
  • No, that looks clunky.
  • Good heavens, it is a million degrees in this bedroom, I need to stop trying on jeans!
I ultimately tried to come up with outfits I might wear to a casual dinner party.  Something I could actually be wearing at home, in a casual setting, but a bit nicer than my yoga pants!

Contender #1
 

Dark pink skinny jeans, white t-shirt, striped knit blazer, yellow flats.  Maybe paired with this necklace (somehow missed it in the shot):


 Contender #2


Green silk blouse, yellow necklace, dark blue skinny jeans, leopard flats.

Contender #3


Navy silk ruffled collar blouse, white cardigan, pearls, dark pink skinny jeans, yellow flats.

Contender #4


Green patterned blouse, long gold necklace, dark blue skinny jeans, coral perforated flats.

Contender #5


Denim skirt, yellow belt, cobalt bubble necklace, emerald skinny jeans, coral flats.

It's entirely possible the stylist won't be into any of these ideas and I could end up wearing something totally different, but I'd still love to hear what you like!  Weigh in...would you choose contender 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5??

26 comments:

  1. I really like #2! I think the color pops on camera. Just the right amount of color and pattern. Not overdone :) xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 gets my vote as well. The green is gorgeous and I love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 - looks sylish and effortless! Wish my house was that clean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with everyone else on #2 but #3 is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number 2 - it's the most "fall" of the outfits, but they are all super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do like 2, like all the others, but 3 is my favorite and seems very you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all, but I think 2 is my favorite too. The green and yellow will really pop while the leopard brings a touch of pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #2 (who doesn't love TB leopard print ballet flats?), but #3 is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm joining the group!
    #2.
    Especially since I think I remember this would be in a Fall issue?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love outfit #2! The combo of the emerald green with the leopard print is so pretty. The colour will stand out nicely on a magazine page without being too in your face and the jewel tone is perfect for a fall issue. Hopefully the stylist likes whatever you pick!

    Steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2, 4, or 5 depending on the magazine. 2 for something fancy; 5 for something more casual.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i vote for #2 too but maybe get brand new jeans or trade for dark but thin cords. that green will look great on you! and congrats again- such an awesome and well-deserved accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you've got some great options here. 1 and 2 are my favorites--I hesitate with #1 because of the stripes and light colors on top for photos (although it is just a cute outfit!) #2 offers a pretty green for a pop of color on camera that should wash you out. The pearls in #3 make it look too formal for "casual at home". Thank you for bringing us into the experience--congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think #4 is the most classic H&G "look" and #5 is a more modern version of it. Something about the necklines of #s 1 & 3 just don't seems as "right" for the event. Love the #2 look, but it seems more like cocktails with the girls with the sheen on the shirt. I keep coming back to #4. I think it's the one you'd always be able to look back on and like :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them all - but 2 is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now you already know I'm all about #2!!! The green and leopard are right up my alley!!!! BUT I think 3 may fit the style of the shoot a bit better. They loved your sofa and are there because of that project so I think you stay fairly consistent with the style of your home. To me outfit 3 says "Stylish, classic and chic with a touch of whimsy" . And that's exactly what I think of when I see your home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like #1, #2, or #3. Whatever you decide, you'll look terrific.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow that looks like it hurt!!! My vote is #2 for sure. That green will photograph so well and the yellow necklace is the perfect accessory. I'm also a sucker for leopard tory's :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. just read all the comments and everyone seems to like #2 but I really love #3 (I love your raspberry pink skinny jeans) I want them too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. #2 is my fave too, but I bet you a million bucks that it'll be none of the above! Everyone I've talked to who's been through the process (myself included) ended up wearing something they would never have chosen in advance. :) No matter what, I know you'll be gorgeous!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.