My house, however, is on the prowl. As of about 4:00 yesterday afternoon it is officially for sale. I have a whole mixed bag of emotions about it. Excited, scared, sad, anxious, you name it, I am roller coastering through it right now.
The broker open house will be held Thursday and the public open house on Sunday. I'm trying to set myself up to have no firm expectations or even hopes. I don't even know what I'm hoping for. Part of me sure hopes it sells...but then - uh oh - we have no where to move! So then part of me hopes we can just stay here until the spring...but then - why does no one want to buy my house???
I am obviously very fun to live with right now.
How about I shut off the neurosis for a little while and just let you run through some pictures?! These are our listing photos taken last Friday by Andrew Martini - he's a realtor on the team we're working with, a pretty great real estate photographer, and a damn good answerer of four year old's questions (of which he got a LOT when he was here).
<<< THE DOWNSTAIRS>>>
<<< THE UPSTAIRS >>>
<<< OUTDOORS >>>




























I'm totally wishing you luck. I don't know if it's just my darn computer again but I can't see the photos!
ReplyDeleteI love your house! I'd buy it ;) I'm sure it won't be listed for long!
DeleteNo photos showing up for me either.
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful home, i'm sure it will sell in a flash! And where did you get your master bath toilet basket? I've been looking high and low for something that size.
ReplyDeleteOh and clearly from my comment I did see the photos, fyi. Cheers
DeleteI hope your house finds its perfect mate! :) It's stunning! and pics are showing up now!
ReplyDeleteSOLD!! :) Your home is perfect. You'll have multiple offers.
ReplyDeleteHa - great, shall I send you the paperwork? ;)
DeleteYour home is so, so inviting! It's charming, lovely, and will be someone's dream!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks perfect!
I love it! So much character. I moved a lot when I was young, so I know how stressful it is to keep everything clean. Don't give up!
ReplyDeleteYes, good gracious - with two active little girls it is a challenge to say the least!
DeleteI'd buy it in a heartbeat! I love your house, I bet it sells fast!!!! xo Kristin
ReplyDeleteYou better start looking girlie, it will be gone in a flash! I love your wooded lot!
ReplyDeleteI'll take it! I am green with envy right now at whoever gets to buy your gorgeous house!
ReplyDeleteThat is so nice, Elizabeth, thanks :)
DeleteGorgeous! I bet it sells in no time!!
ReplyDeleteGirl I'm telling you now to put those fears and anxieties aside! Your home is GORG and I guarantee it'll sell faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexbealidocious! Honestly it's beautiful and staged for success. Before you know it you'll be posting on how excited you are that you and your family have found your new home!
ReplyDeleteYour house is beautiful! I'm sure you will sell it fast! :-) & Good Luck! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful. I would kill for that yard, all of the homes in my area have postage stamp sized yards. Are you in New England?
ReplyDeleteYes, outside Boston!
DeleteI can't see one single thing about your home that isn't perfect! Seriously, hubby is retiring and we are open to anywhere. So just WHERE is this huge piece of wonderful???
ReplyDeleteOr at least the online realtor for more info.
ReplyDeleteLooks wonderful! I'm wishing you so much luck this weekend. x
ReplyDeletePerfect! Why on earth do you want to leave it?
ReplyDeleteHa, too funny. We've been working so hard to get it all showing-ready that we have been looking around thinking...hmmm, do we really want to leave??? Mostly we want to move one town over where most of the friends we've made are and where there's a really quaint and lively downtown area.
DeleteYour home is lovely. I can see why you would hate to move. I'm sure that you will not have any trouble at all selling. Good luck with everything!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!!
DeleteYour house is stunning and will sell!! Just hope its sells quick enough to give you mental peace!! Good luck!!xo
ReplyDeleteThose photos are beautiful! I'm positive it will sell in NO time. Also, I could just drool over those exterior photos for hours. Talk about curb appeal! GORGEOUS.
ReplyDeleteKelly @ View Along the Way
I'd be shocked if it lasts the weekend! Beautiful house!!
ReplyDeleteIt's so beautiful!! I wouldn't want to leave but I know how that mix of emotions can be - good luck girlie!
ReplyDeleteYou could probably coach me through all this, huh?! You're a moving pro by now!
DeleteYour home is beautiful, I'm sure it will sell quickly!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! It shows great!
ReplyDeleteSteph
Tailgate Queen - gameday dresses
Is it sold yet?!? I thought maybe by the time I commented, it may be a goner! I bet it will be on no time at all! Gorgeous and I can see why it would be bittersweet!:) Exciting times ahead!
ReplyDeleteLaura
House Envy
So funny - not yet, but we've had a ton of showings scheduled for before the open house this Sunday - I was barely home today! Hopefully that's a good sign :)
DeleteYou are totally not going to have a problem selling your house...I think this is the first time I have seen some of the rooms and hello??? It's absolutely stunning. What a great house!!! I love your front yard, back yard, screened in porch, back patio...all of it! People should be fighting over it. Sending lots of "selling" thoughts your way!
ReplyDeleteI wish you lived where I do, I'd buy it in a minute. Or maybe I could just move although as I write this on the 20th I suspect you've already sold it.
ReplyDelete