Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

It's been a quiet week for me around here...well, on the blog, not in my real life!  Just wanted to pop in today to say hello and give you a peek at our Halloween costumes this year.

I was a pitiful documenter of our costumes but have a few snapshots to share.

Ada and Ellie both had been set on being Angelina Ballerina for months now.  Up until a few days ago, that is, when Ada decided she wanted to be Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates (on Disney Junior) and Ellie wanted to be a bunny rabbit.

So I quickly shifted focus, and on such short notice, I think did pretty well pulling it all together!  Here's Ada at her preschool class' Halloween party Wednesday:

Izzy Neverland Pirates Halloween costume

She can be so funny about having her picture taken lately - will cover her face and say,"Noooooo!" - so imagine my surprise when she said, "Sure, you can take my picture!" and popped into this little diva pose.

Izzy Neverland Pirates Halloween costume

Hilarious.

And here's my sweet little bunny rabbit.

Bunny Rabbit Halloween costume

I know the years are numbered of fluffy, little-girl costumes so I really loved dressing Ellie in an unabashedly girly bunny costume.

Bunny Rabbit Halloween costume

And as for Scott and I, I have almost no photos - the night went by so quickly!  I pulled together a Black Swan costume with a feathered neck-piece and headband and a black tutu.  You may have seen this photo on Instagram yesterday.

http://distilleryimage7.ak.instagram.com/7d263ed2423d11e390a322000a9f1438_7.jpg 

Scott cobbled together something yesterday afternoon - he was calling it "Norwegian lifeguard" but there were a lot of people last night who thought he was some kind of superhero. 

http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagram.com/40d9ab84426111e3bfea22000a1fbe0b_7.jpg 

Such a wallflower, this guy...  

Gotta love it, he sure keeps me laughing.  I couldn't look at him yesterday without bursting into laughter.

Happy weekend to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.