Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fizzy Pink Greyhounds

Not to get all boozy on you on a Thursday, but I wanted to give you enough time to stock your cabinet for a delicious springy cocktail for this weekend.


Scott and I both love a classic Greyhound - grapefruit juice + vodka - but we discovered a few years ago that swapping pink grapefruit juice for the regular upped the sweet factor really nicely.

Then, on our trip out west a couple summers ago, we went to a bar that served fresh Greyhounds - freshly squeezed grapefruit juice + vodka - and our minds were pretty well blown.

I should have known as much, but the fresh juice made all the difference in the world.

So that pretty much brings us to the concoction I'm sharing with you today.  I combined the pink Greyhound and the fresh Greyhound, plus added a smidge of mint and fizz.


And it's gooooood.



Here's what you you'll need:

Fizzy Pink Greyhounds - makes 6 drinks
Ingredients
2 c. vodka
2 c. freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
Large handful of fresh mint
2 c. grapefruit soda ( I buy mine at Whole Foods - their 365 brand)
Limes

Stir the vodka, fresh juice, and mint together in a medium-large pitcher.  Let sit several hours - overnight to let the mint infuse.

Shortly before serving, stir in the grapefruit soda.

Serve over ice with a wedge of lime squeezed into the drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note. If your e-mail address is visible I'll reply to you by e-mail. if not, I'll leave follow up comments here in the comments section.