Instead I have very little to show for four days' work. So it goes sometimes.
I'm making room-divider screens with upholstered centers for my aunt to cover an open laundry closet that has no doors. I've been working on it this week while I've been in PA at my parents' house and had a whole little workshop set up in their garage and driveway.
Fail.
So I sat on the driveway for awhile feeling despondent about not finishing it before leaving to go home and then stood up and cleaned up my mess.
I have a new direction in mind that I hope will work better and look nicer. But for now, I'm heading into the weekend with a car full of lumber ready for attempt number two next week. The upside is I won't be rushing to finish before I leave for home tomorrow and can enjoy the morning and afternoon with my mom, daughters, and niece. Always a silver lining, right?
Hope you have a great weekend!

Hate it when that happens, but chalk it up to a learning experience, right? Have a great visit and safe trip home!
ReplyDeleteWe all have failed projects. It's encouraging to hear about them... makes one feel not so inadequate!
ReplyDeleteYou will finish the job and it will be better!
I hate when that happens :( But thanks for keeping it real! xo Kristin
ReplyDeleteOh no! Stuff like that happens to me all the time. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteI actually made an upholstered screen and it's nice and light. I made a frame similar to a painters canvas.
would you mind explaining more of what you did? i have an open laundry closet too.
DeleteI hate it when that happens! (and it happens more than I blog about, lol!) Usually the dilemma will result in an even better idea/design :)
ReplyDeleteA day in the life of a diyer ~ it's inevitable! :) Have a wonderful time!
ReplyDelete