Couldn't help that little lapse into Green Eggs and Ham :)
But seriously, go gather up these ingredients while watermelon is abundant. If you're going to get hooked on something for the rest of summer, this is a pretty healthy vice.
Quinoa Salad with Watermelon, Feta, and Basil
Ingredients
1 c. quinoa, rinsed
3 c. watermelon, cubed
1/2 feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 c. basil, chopped
1/2 c. sliced almonds
5 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. shallot, minced
1 1/2 tsp. honey
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, combine watermelon, feta, basil, and almonds in a large bowl.
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, and honey in a small bowl.
Add quinoa to bowl with watermelon, pour dressing over, and stir to combine. Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.
Click HERE for a printable recipe.
3 c. watermelon, cubed
1/2 feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 c. basil, chopped
1/2 c. sliced almonds
5 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. shallot, minced
1 1/2 tsp. honey
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, combine watermelon, feta, basil, and almonds in a large bowl.
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, and honey in a small bowl.
Add quinoa to bowl with watermelon, pour dressing over, and stir to combine. Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.
Click HERE for a printable recipe.
pssst...this isn't the first time I've paired watermelon and feta. Check out these party perfect Watermelon & Feta Mini Skewers HERE.




I would have never thought to try that combination. I'll have to give this one a try before watermelon is out of season. That will be a sad day in our house!
ReplyDeleteAnd off to the grocery store I go! Thanks for this great recipe. My summer salad routine was in a slump...and what a bonus to have Green Eggs and Ham stuck in my head now. Lol.
ReplyDeleteoh yum! we have feta in the fridge, quinoa in the pantry, basil in the garden and our watermelon is almost ready to cut!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Bethany, I would have never thought to try this combo but now I want to. Like I said on IG, I'm obsessed with quinoa!
ReplyDeleteYou should do a version of green eggs & ham! I'd totally pin it b/c your creations are delicious. Meanwhile, I'm salivating over these watermelon recipes. You know that texture-y, fluffy yet crunchy feel of quinoa between your teeth? I love it almost as much as the taste.
ReplyDeleteThis looks so good! Seriously delicious! I need to try this!
ReplyDeleteI am such a sucker for anything with feta and basil. This looks delicious!
ReplyDelete