There's been a lot going on around here these past couple of weeks with listing our house for sale and I've felt totally consumed with house prep - painting touch ups, filling cracks, cleaning, and other SUPER fun stuff.
After the longest hiatus I can remember, it felt so great to get back to making something this past weekend.
My cousin is getting married this coming weekend and he and his fiancee asked me to make a table they could use during their wedding ceremony and keep in their house afterwards. It's about a third of the way finished there - I've since made the drawers, and hope to finish up the building tomorrow and the painting Wednesday. Just in the nick of time!
Sunday I went for my lazybones every-six-months haircut/highlights and took the plunge on a shorter haircut. I go back and forth every few years - long hair; short hair; long hair; short hair.
Thanks for hanging in there with me during my recent sporadic posting. Things have to settle down soon, right??

Congratulations! Oh, I love new cut too! x
ReplyDeleteThat's a great length on you :) Cute! Loved seeing you at Rhoda's too :) xo Kristin
ReplyDeletecongrats on an awesome feature! woohoo! and love your hair that length- you are gorgeous!
ReplyDeletei saw your fun feature at Rhoda's! I guess it's that time of year, I had mine chopped too, about exactly your length, but with layers. :) What an awesome thoughtful gift for your cousin!
ReplyDeleteAnd where was I, I missed the feature! I have to check it out now.
ReplyDeleteLove your haircut!
Love the hair! And what a great gift!
ReplyDeleteI did the same thing! Nancy Powell featured our Granddaughter's Art in her Friday Post. I neglected, in all the excitement, to mention it on my blog. How stupid! I will today and copy and paste today so everyone can see it!
Cute cut! I go back and forth between long and short hair too, I think it's time for me to go short again! Congrats on the feature!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the finished table. What a special wedding gift!
ReplyDeleteLove the cut too. You look great!! :)
Looks great! Love wedding gifts with thought behind them. I remember every one of mine that were original and thoughtful!
ReplyDeleteLaura
House envy
Fabulous feature, I had no idea you guys built that wall! It's amazing and It looks like its been there for centuries!
ReplyDeleteOh, somehow I missed you on Southern Hospitality, heading over! Your new 'do looks great...sassy but still long enough for a pony! I'm sure your cousin will treasure that piece forever! What a great keepsake from the wedding.
ReplyDelete